The Perfect (Fail Proof) Breakfast in Bed For Valentine's Day
YOUR STEP BY STEP FAIL PROOF VALENTINE'S DAY PLAN
Valentine's Day doesn't have to be a pressure cooker in the kitchen. We've got the the winning combo to win your Valentine over this year. Read more on how to whip up a batch of the Van Winkle's family favorite pancakes topped with our Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup and a few other fixins' to make this the perfect gift for your special someone.
What You’ll Need:
- A batch of our Van Winkle Family Favorite Pancakes (see recipe below)
- A bottle of our Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- Fresh squeezed OJ & bubbly for mimosas
- A box of our Bourbon Nib Brittle
- A dozen red roses
Our finest Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup is just too good for run of the mill frozen waffles (but they’ll do in a pinch). Here’s one of our childhood favorite recipes that brings back memories from Sunday mornings with dad. Don’t have time to make homemade flapjacks? No problem, here are two pre-made mixes we love to make in minutes. Not only are they time savers, but also pack in some extra nutritional punch.
But to go the extra mile this Valentine’s Day, we think this recipe is well worth the time!
Van Winkle Family Favorite Pancakes (adapted from Taste of Home)
Serves 2 people: just enough for you and your Valentine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Pappy & Company Bourbon Aged Maple Syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter, (2 melted, 2 room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 200º F.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, Pappy & Company Maple Syrup and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry: Slowly stir into the flour mixture just until combined. Stir in melted butter. If mixture seems a bit too thick, add a bit more milk.
- Cook pancakes: Prepare a skillet with non-stick cooking spray, and set over medium-low heat. Add one tablespoon of butter. When butter begins to sizzle, drop batter from a ¼-cup measure into the pan. Don’t overcrowd. Cook, turning once, until browned on both sides. Remove to a baking tray, and place in the warm oven. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve: Stack pancakes and serve with warm Pappy & Company Maple Syrup. Be sure add the mimosa, flowers and a box of our Bourbon Nib Brittle for extra points from your sweetie!