Chewy Maple Pappy Bourbon Ball Cookies Recipe
A MEMORABLE DESSERT FOR YOUR NEXT PARTY
The smell of these cookies baking in your home should be incentive enough, but enjoying these warm, chewy cookies with maple and bourbon flavors is simply heaven. Round up these simple ingredients and treat those you love to these maple bourbon cookies, featuring our chocolate bourbon balls, during the holidays or any time of year.
- 2 sticks melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons Pappy Pure Maple Syrup
- 10 quartered Pappy Handmade Bourbon Balls (Pecans removed to soak in bourbon)
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- Chop the pecans that were removed from the tops of each bourbon ball. Soak the chopped pecans in bourbon for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar well.
- Add the eggs and maple syrup and bourbon-soaked pecans.
- Slowly add the dry flour mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Gently fold in the quartered bourbon ball candies.
- Chill cookie batter in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- With a 3/4-ounce scoop, lay 6 cookies on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- For best results, bake each sheet pan separately at 375 degrees for 8 minutes, then spin the pan around and bake for 9 more minutes.
- Let cool, and serve!